Thursday 7 June 2012

I may have a chance at a new job

I quit teaching years ago to get more time to spend with my son with down syndrome.

I went into a financial services company and did alright for a while.  However, my general queasiness with the industry never went away. While on retreat at the Franciscan Retreat House nearby I felt a call to go back to teaching.

That was two years ago: after a year spent getting my security clearance (all of a sudden everyone needs fingerprint verification and my city didn't have the technology so they had to send away to Ottawa) and another year subbing 2 jobs cropped up.

They are teacher/chaplain jobs in high schools.  I was told that there are only 2 qualified people in the area and one of them is me!

I should find out on Monday if I get one of the positions!

I am nervously and anxiously praying for this to happen because it would answer many prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Triumphguy, I owned a 750cc Kawasaki two stroke back in the '70's and a 750cc Honda in the '80's. After teaching English in Quito, Ecuador for over a year I returned to Nova Scotia determined to become more socially active. I suspect that it may be possible for us to cooperate on documentary, reality or even semi-reality film projects even though I am way out on the Atlantic!

    If you are interested e-mail me at: tate4pictoucentre
    @yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if this link will work but this also may help you to get an idea of what I have in mind:

    https://www.facebook.com/Dennis.Tate.4.Global.Greening?sk=app_202980683107053&app_data=Topics%3A0

    ReplyDelete