Tuesday 28 August 2012

How having your bike break down is like being a catholic

So I'm riding along - to confession as it happens - and my bike loses power and I'm stranded on the side of the road.

How is that like being a catholic?

Because sometimes in my faith journey something is just a little bit off and it brings me to a halt. That's why I've been going to confession frequently recently: I have lots of screws loose, bolts that are corroded, spokes that aren't tight enough.  I need regular maintenance in other words.

I got to confession, thanks to my wife rescuing me from the side of the road, but I still don't have my bike fixed: :(



Seeing the bike in the back of the van kinda reminds me of the confessional!

1 comment:

  1. Nov 26, 2012 Got banned from CA, I think because of the link to Bp Williamson. Awaiting reply on appeal email.

    ReplyDelete