Sunday 18 March 2012

Who will I offend?

I thought I'd start off here - why string people along only to disappoint them later:

Well, as a Catholic who follows the Magisterium of the Church I'll probably upset a lot of my biking buddies, and many of my non-riding friends and family..

Yes I do believe that the contraceptive mentality has fostered a culture of death. I do believe in a Higher Power, a God if you will (and even if you won't), and I'll thank you not to call him the Spaghetti Monster or the Sky Fairy. I do pray every day, and I believe that Christ is truly present in the Eucharist.

As someone who loves bikes I'll upset anyone who believes we should avoid risk in our lives and just try and be safe. I'm not saying my mother in law dislikes me having a bike but....  Other people will be upset that with kids around I should spend some time, any time on a bike. Well the bike helps keep me human and keeps me focused! Riding a bike started me praying again, because I would (and do) pray as I leave on a ride that I will get back to my wife and kids in one piece. Yes it can be scary out there! Instead of worrying whether I should be biking, just keep your eyes peeled while driving for family guys riding bikes - and try not to hit them!

I might even upset some church-going Catholics, since I believe we should genuflect, we should fast before communion, we should not miss mass (and need to got to confession if we do), and if we miss mass and have not gone to confession I believe it is a grave sin to go to communion.

I'm sick of living life half-heartedly, and of being a half-hearted Catholic and a half-hearted person.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say to this is BRAVO! Being a good Catholic isn't easy these days, but being a half-way Catholic is not good. After all, if we believe that God and his specifically appointed representatives made the rules, shouldn't we follow them?

    ReplyDelete