Monday 21 May 2012

How riding a motorbike is like being a Catholic

Don't you know motorbikes are dangerous?
Do you feel safe riding a bike?
Motorbikes are noisy and dangerous.

These are some of the comments I get when people find out I ride a motorbike.

The comment is usually delivered with a tut and and a frown of concern.

When people find out I'm Catholic things aren't much different. The concern and disapproval are the same, the questions are only a bit different.

Do you really believe xyz?
What about all the child abuse?
That Mary stuff is crazy don't you think?
Does that mean you are against women?

My response is the same.

Smile and carry on.




3 comments:

  1. love the analogy! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete